The three goals of the graduate school
(1) Provide education for pursuing the new biostudies at the world’s top level
To meet the demands of the industry, college, research institutes and administrative organizations, individuals are educated in the life sciences and master the techniques for the society needs.
(2) Train individuals to apply the new life sciences for the protection of the global environment and for human welfare
Integrate the knowledge and technology in the old fields of science, agriculture, medicine and pharmacology, and nurture individuals who can contribute to the human society in the 21st century.
(3) Nurture individuals who can understand the various vital phenomena of the living organisms as a systemic function, and pursue these systemic functions
Nurture individuals who will be leaders in the human society to pursue their activities for the welfare and happiness of humans in the 21st century, where humans will be living in harmony with other living beings.
In order to meet the demands of the changing society in the 21st century, which will be impossible to cope with in the current research academic system for the life sciences, a new research and education system is installed to breakdown the walls that have hindered the research in the life sciences in the past. There are two courses in the Graduate School of Biostudies.
AIMS OF THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BIOSTUDIES
- Training of individuals with the most advanced knowledge of the life sciences for the next generation
The graduate student studies a higher level of life sciences beyond the structures of past life science-related fields at each undergraduate level to understand the integrated life sciences. The goal is to nurture a new type of individual with creative and innovative abilities to cope with the various unknown themes to be confronted by human beings in the next generation.
- Training to establish self for society
In the Graduate School of Biostudies, individuals are trained to make a healthy and fair judgment based on the academic background of the staff and their prospects for the future; and, establish a new system to evaluate the effects of education from multiple aspects from the past.
- Activation and flexibility of staff in the human relations
Research is pursued by each staff member independently to develop a new life science based on active exchange among the various laboratories in the graduate school.
- Use of current post-doctoral system and evaluation of academic activities
Full use should be made of the current system, to provide the increasing necessary number of instructors per student, for the intensive training to become life scientists at an international level, for true development of a new research field.